The goal of Behavior Support Services is to assist our consumers in living
successfully in the community, performing well at school or work and accessing the community
in ways that are fulfilling by reaching their full potential. This is done by identifying
behaviors/issues that limit their ability to do these things and replacing them with positive
behaviors that increase the likelihood of their success.
Services provided include:
• Thorough assessment of behaviors and creation of a Functional Analysis.
• Development of a Behavior Support Plan that addresses problem/target behaviors and
provides appropriate replacement behaviors.
• Direct work with consumers on BSP goals.
• Training of Staff and others who work with our consumers.
• Direct observations to assure BSP goals are being implemented.
• Implementation of tracking systems to collect data on target and replacement
• Provision of information to the psychiatrist and appointment attendance (when
applicable) to assess effectiveness of medications used in conjunction with the BSP.
• Participation as part of the consumer’s team/meeting attendance.
• Creation of Quarterly Behavior reports detailing progress on BSP goals.
• Ongoing support of the consumer, staff, family, etc. to assure that BSP goals remain
appropriate. This includes annual updates of the Functional Analysis (when indicated)
and BSP as well as revisions as determined necessary.
Sycamore currently provides behavioral services under the Developmental Disabilities Waiver. For more information, contact our Corporate Office at 317-745-4715 and ask for Patti Sebanc.
Licensed Mental Health Counseling
We all have bumps in the road from time to time. Therapy services provide support for those struggling to move through rough times. Sycamore’s licensed mental health counselor:
- Solution-based behavioral therapy
- Master’s Degree in Counseling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Over 30 years of experience with children, teens, adults and families
- Elementary school counselor
- Anthem, UHC and Medicaid provider
- Convenient times and location
For more information, contact 317-727-4813 or jlmcbride@SycamoreServices.com. Services provided at 77 Park Place Blvd., Avon, IN.