Hours and location of services, and frequency of services, vary based on the needs of the individuals served. Behavior management serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The goal of Behavior Support Services is to assist our program participants in living successfully in the community, performing well at school or work and accessing the community in ways that are fulfilling by reaching their full potential. This is done by identifying behaviors/issues that limit their ability to do these things and replacing them with positive behaviors that increase the likelihood of their success.
Services provided include:
• Thorough assessment of behaviors and creation of a Functional Analysis.
• Development of a Behavior Support Plan that addresses problem/target behaviors and
provides appropriate replacement behaviors.
• Direct work with consumers on BSP goals.
• Training of Staff and others who work with our consumers.
• Direct observations to assure BSP goals are being implemented.
• Implementation of tracking systems to collect data on target and replacement
• Provision of information to the psychiatrist and appointment attendance (when
applicable) to assess effectiveness of medications used in conjunction with the BSP.
• Participation as part of the consumer’s team/meeting attendance.
• Creation of Quarterly Behavior reports detailing progress on BSP goals.
• Ongoing support of the consumer, staff, family, etc. to assure that BSP goals remain
appropriate. This includes annual updates of the Functional Analysis (when indicated)
and BSP as well as revisions as determined necessary.
Sycamore currently provides behavioral services under the Developmental Disabilities Waiver. For more information, contact our Corporate Office at 317-745-4715 and ask for Patti Sebanc.
Referrals for services may be made by individuals served, family members, case managers, or funding sources by calling (317) 745-4715 or (866) 573-0817. Payment for most services is available through Medicaid Waivers. Persons approved for Community Integration and Habilitation (CIH), Family Support Waiver (FSW), or Traumatic Brain Injury Waivers may request that services be added to their waiver budget. Private pay options are also available. Contact Sycamore Services for more information on funding sources, fees and rates of services.
Licensed Mental Health Counseling
We all have bumps in the road from time to time. Therapy services provide support for anyone who is struggling to move through rough times. Sycamore’s licensed mental health counselor brings a wealth of experience to our solution-based behavior therapy program. Our counselor has:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Over 30 years of experience with children, teens, adults and families
- Experience as an elementary school counselor
- Convenient times and location
For more information, contact 317-727-4813 or jlmcbride@SycamoreServices.com. Hours based on needs of individuals and families served. An Anthem, UHC and Medicaid provider.